The Hidden Door Team
Hidden Door is a registered charity, based in Edinburgh. It is volunteer-led, organised and run.
The festival is organised and delivered by a year-round team of around 50 volunteers which expands to a team of over 200 for the festival.
We currently have three part-time paid roles: our Festival Director, Fundraising & Sponsorship Manager and a Programme Coordinator. Other specialist roles are paid on short-term contracts during the event.
All of our artists, contributors and contractors are fairly paid for their work.
The Hidden Door team is split into a number of teams working on all aspects of delivering our festival and running the organisation:
- Executive Committee – making key organisational decisions. The Executive Committee report to the Board of Trustees.
- Programme Team – working closely with our artists, and involved in the design and coordination of the festival’s artistic programme.
- Production Team – working on the logistics of the festival such as sound, lighting and tech.
- Venue and Site Team – coordinating aspects related to the festival site and the delivery of the festival, including the build and operation of the festival venue, volunteer management, health & safety and community engagement.
- Finance, Fundraising & Bars Team – working on a variety of revenue-generating initiatives for Hidden Door, to manage, diversify and maximise our income.
- Marketing, Promo & Comms Team – promoting the festival and the work of our organisation.
- Operations Team – responsible for internal procedures, box office operations, liaising with contractors and selling tickets.
Our Board of Trustees
We have a Board of Trustees who ensure strategic oversight of Hidden Door’s events and activities. They are responsible for making sure we deliver on our charitable aims, that we comply with all the requirements placed on us, and help oversee the smooth running of the charity and our festivals.
Our Board members are:
- Iain Mcfadden
- Cameron Hughes
- Hannah Brodie
- Jane Ali-Knight
- Stephen Allen
- John Robb